Saturday, January 8, 2011

My idea of normal..

Well, I know there are a few people thinking in their heads right now..."this should be interesting"....just never you mind!
This last week I took a drive to the Fraser Valley as I had a Doc apt there. While I was there, as I always do, I try to squeeze in as many visits with friends as possible. Living there for 30 years some how enabled me to collect of few of them, and for some reason they keep opening the door back up for me when I come back to visit lol.
This time I had an extra visit planned, one that I didn't really have planned til the last minute. Waaaaaaaay back when I was in elementary school I knew a boy named Vince. I have not seen him since then except for one time 16 years ago on the side of the road in Chilliwack for two minutes. Well, a few days ago, I found him on facebook, made him a friend, told him I was coming out, and told him I would contact him when I get out there.
Now some of my friends think I am INSANE...like who meets people from elementary school...I DO! Let me tell you....DON'T EVER BE AFRAID TO DO IT, cause it was AWESOME. He has turned in to a real great person, seems like the little boy I remember from grade 6. It was an amazing experience and I am glad that I think it's normal to meet people from your past!

Another "normal" idea for me is picture taking. While I was at my doctors I thought it was normal to ask him if I could take a picture of him and I together...he did not hesitate one bit, which leads me to believe he too thinks this is normal just like me!!! lol
By the way, if you ever need a Orthopedic surgeon...Dr.Rose in Abbotsford seriously is the BEST. Not only cause he's good at what he does, but because he spent  an hour with me instead of the allotted 1/2 hour, he let me ask him all those crazy questions people never think of or would want to ask their doctor. Things like.."did you always know you were going to be a surgeon? If you could have any other profession what would it be, one that would make your heart happy?" and a few other questions too, but I won't go into much more detail.
Anyways, my "that's just not normal" week was AWESOME....I just wish people could live in my shoes for a day, you's probably have a BLAST! 

1 comment:

  1. Thats pretty funny :)
    I bet it was fun to talk about the past though.
    We have a Dr. Rose where I work who is really nice too. I bet the Dr was a little suprised with your questions, but at least you sussed out if he is worthy of the job.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete