Thursday, November 1, 2012

Crazy, radical, what for?

These are some of the questions I have fielded since I stopped eating meat 2 months ago. My answer has mostly been "why not" back to people. However....I think it's about to get worse LOL.
I am have been contemplating going on a completely plant based eating plan....some call it vegan, not vegetarian, because, vegans don't eat dairy, or eggs or basically anything with a face lol. Well there have been a lot of arguments now between the two worlds of plants based eating and vegan eating, each with their own views on the subject. I personally don't care either way..all I know is that I won't be eating eggs or cheese or milk on top of my already not eating meat.
Why you ask? lol...and I will say why not...again. I have ordered some books on line about the whole plant based eating lifestyle. So I am not going to try this just quite yet, as I would like to do some more research yet.
I am sure my family will have me institutionalized for this one, I am sure I will hear a lot of "well now this going to far" or "your crazy".....I already get a lot of..."I could NEVER go without my meat"...and I say to them "that's nice, good for you". I don't really care either way if you eat meat or not, this is MY choice, not anyone else.
And like I said about being a vegetarian, if I don't like it, I can always stop and starting eating meat again. Well the same with the next step...if I don't like eating only plants based meals, I can always start drinking milk and eating eggs again lol.
I stopped eating dairy products a little while back for about 2 months, that was all I at that time was able to do it for. I am a HUGE milk and cheese fan...I could guzzle milk like an out of control lunatic. I could also eat POUNDS of yummy cheese. So for me, not having those particular things will be a challenge.
So I shall see how this next stage in my adventure will pan out. Who knows, I may only last a week without once I start this...either way...it's not gonna kill me!
This will be my reading material for the next few weeks while I decide what I am going to do and how I am going to go about doing it! Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

  1. does mom know what she is cooking you for Christmas dinner yet lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect I will be making my own dishes LOL...in fact, i look forward to making something yummy that everyone can try!!!
      Like I said, I have to do my research first, as this is all new to me. I am eagerly awaiting for my books to arrive first.

      Delete