Friday, October 18, 2013

Workplace politics


Well I finished my first work week off yesterday....which is quite wonderful I must say to have a long weekend of Friday Saturday and Sunday off EVERY weekend. This is because I am working 10 hour days, which I also have no problem with for this pay off reason alone.
So now that I have been there for the whole week, some of the things that they try to hide in the interview and also try to hide in your first day, are now coming out...like the office politics. And when it's on a grand scale of people that are in the company I work for, I find it quite funny actually. Because I have been working in smaller companies lately, I have not had the opportunity to experience it on this larger scale which is nice, because I can sit back and watch it all without even being noticed. All I have to do is LISTEN...and nod my head in agreement and politeness while listening to them all bitch about each other.
I also appreciate this job a lot more as well...having worked in the customer service industry for the last while, NOT having to deal with customers is soooooooooooooooo refreshing. I can put up ALL DAY with office politics as long as I don't have to put up with that AND asshole customers.
I am already finding out who will be most easily manipulated for this and that, who will not take shit, who is the "yes" man and who is the dog effer.
I am pretty sure I am going to be quite entertained on this job...I still just can't believe I am getting paid a nice wage to work this little...it's still quite shocking to my system...it's to bad all the others there can't be as appreciative of what they have....they all need to experience their local convenience store for one week's worth of work, then they will come back and kiss the asses of each other...that I could guarantee!

No comments:

Post a Comment